donderdag 24 januari 2013

Never nooit meer




En dan kom jij ineen voorbij
En keert mijn wereld onderste boven ....

That is one of the songs by my favorite Dutch R&B group, Re-play. In 2001, mas D’s cousin, Siska, came to Indonesia for a holiday. She gave a CD with Dutch songs. I thought it was one of those typical Dutch songs, but I listened to the songs, it was not Dutch at all. I mean the language was Dutch but the style was like an American music. I fell in love with these four guys, Alwin Burke, Henk Waarde, Mario Raadwijk and Sam de Wit. Their music suits the ears of my Indonesian students who learn Dutch at Erasmus Language Center. So, every time they release a new album I try to get their CD first.

On the occasion of the 40th Anniversary of Erasmus Huis, Re-play – on my request – was invited to give concerts in Jakarta, Semarang, Yogyakarta (which was cancelled due to the volcano eruption of Mount Merapi) and Surabaya. And my boss, Paul Peters, was so kind to let me pick up these awesome guys at the airport and taking them to Manhattan Hotel.

I couldn’t sleep because of thinking meeting these guys. I woke up early and went with my colleagues, Toni and Tumiyo, to the airport. When we arrived at the airport, my heart started to beat fast because I was really nervous. It beat even faster when I heard the announcement that their flight had arrived. When I saw four guys stepping outside the arrival hall I yelled at them: RE-PLAY. Sam said: Hi Reena. What? I couldn’t believe my ears. He knew my name?!!!! Alwin, Henk, Mario and Sam are all awesome and nice with a great sense of humor. Another good thing was that I could give them the presents from Erasmus after the concert.


Geen opmerkingen: